Sunday, April 19, 2009

Project Complete!

I have been working on this dresser I picked up at a Antique Shop{for the guest bedroom} and finally completed it today! It turned out great, I do still have to fix the drawers because they stick when trying to open them.

When I was searching for a piece, I was looking for something with 'good bones' and not actually looking at the exterior because I knew I was going to refinish it. I was also looking for something small enough to fit in the guest room. This piece was perfect and as soon as I saw it, I snatched the tag off and went straight to the register to take her home with me!

I sanded the whole thing(love my electric sander!), primed it, painted it, and aged it(again).

Just look at what you can do for $80 bucks!

I added some crystal knobs to add a little bit of a vintage look.


I wasn't going to do the mirror that came with it, but I thought why not put it back on until I found the perfect mirror for the room.

See the 'good bones'? No...well I know it is hard because this thing had a ugly stain finish!


Isn't it amazing what a little patiences, sanding, paint, and patiences can do!

6 comments:

dani said...

That is awesome! Great work! I have a friend here who loves to do that type of thing...I am not NEARLY talented enough with power tools to do it :)

Toni said...

You did an awesome job on that :)

Kathy said...

That is beautiful!! You did a GREAT job on that piece....

MoodyMommy said...

What a great project!! You did great!!! I need you to email me your address...You signed up with the MOM Swap...but you have not filled out the Google form and you do not have your email on your site...Thanks

Cydney said...

Wowzers! YOu did such a great job! I am so excited for you! I love it!

We are the Ferrari's said...

Brandy,

It looks great! You did a fabulous job! :)