Sunday, January 24, 2010

My First Sewing Project/Gift

Blakely was invited to a birthday party, which was a "Mermaid Under the Sea" themed party. (Yes, I also made that cake for the party) The little girls was turning 5 and her mommy asked for people not to bring gifts.

Well it just so happen that I purchased this pattern by Dana over at MADE to make this little girl a skirt. I had ordered the fabric chiffon already(blue is the little girls favorite color), so I asked her Mama, if I could make the "birthday" outfit and Blakely give the little girl her gift early. To which she happily obliged! I also had picked up a shirt from Walmart and with some of the ruffled chiffon, I dressed up a shirt to match the skirt. For it being my first skirt and pattern I followed, I thought it turned out quiet nice!


Finished!




Showing of my creation!
I think she was VERY happy with it!


1 comment:

KK said...

WOW--it's lovely!!!!