Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh no, not the nose...

OH YES, the nose! We thought we had awhile before we had to worry with anything going in or near Blakely's nose! But to our surprise while we were in Florida, putting Blakely to bed, she was whinnying beyond her normal range. We weren't exactly sure what was going on, until we finally got her from arcing her back, and laid her flat on her back, to our horror, something black was in her N O S E! I shouted to Ben, to hold her still... yep, I was right...something was in her nose!

I went to the bathroom to grab my tweezers, came back, laid her back down while she screamed in utter agony trying to put her fingers IN/UP her nose(not share if she was trying to help or annoyed by the object),logging it further in her nose. Once we got her in a stable enough position, to where I wouldn't jab the tweezers into her nose, I preceded to dislodge the object. . .

IT WAS A RAISIN!!!!! Priceless...the relief that came across Blakely's(Ben and mine too) face once I got it out! I did take a picture of how big the raisin had become while in her nose, but once I started writing this I thought that it would be kind of gross to show a picture, plus I think you have a pretty good idea of what it might look like!

Conclusion, watch the nose people, and the things that are small enough to go into it!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

oh no, poor Blakely! I am glad she is okay!! and hopefully she learned to not put anything up her nose again!!