Thursday, September 23, 2010

She's here!

Breelynn Kate has arrived safe and sound! We checked in Friday, September 17th at 6 a.m. for my scheduled induction. They got me all prepped and ready to go and all we had to do is wait on the Doctor to come in, check me, and give the nurses the "green light" to get things started. At 8 a.m. the Doctor arrived, broke my water(to see if I could start labor without going straight for the pitocin), and wait an hour to see if there was any change. There wasn't! So, around 9:30 a.m they started the pitocin.

By 10 a.m. I was already feeling my contractions. By 11:15 a.m. I was ready for my epidural! I was dilated to a 4 and fully effaced! Now, let me say on a side note...pitocin makes your contractions stronger!

Around 12:25 p.m. I started to feel my contractions again, so I called the nurse in and had her check me. I was 8 centimeters and feeling every contractions to its fullest extent! I told her to please have the anesthesiologist come back in and check everything. Then she looked at Ben and I was like, "I give you another hour and I think you will be ready to go..." Ben and I looked at each other and were like "yea right!" 12:30 p.m. the anesthesiologist came back in the room and I was freaking out at this point! I was ready to push! He puts the extra "dose" directly into my epidural iv- he tells me it still takes 10 to 15 minutes for it to 'kick' in.

12:35 p.m I told the nurse, I am ready to push! Call my Doctor, have her come over! 12:40 p.m. Doctor arrives and I am fully dilated and ready to push-still feeling every contraction! I started to push at 12:44 p.m. and at 12:49 p.m. Breelynn arrived!

9lbs.; 20 inches long; head 14 inches.

I was SHOCKED that she was that big to say the least. I knew I had big babies, but I had only gained 25lbs with this pregnancy and with Blakely I gained 60lbs! She only weighed 8lbs 5oz.

I will say this delivery wasn't as bad as it could have been and the fact that I pushed for 5 minutes(pushed for 10 minutes with Blakely) and she was out...I can't complain.

4 hours after delivery is when the real problems started...(which I made to the decision to share in a later post)


Mommy looking at her beautiful baby girl!

Trying to cry...which didn't last long. She barely cried the first few days of her life.

9lbs! 20 inches long(she now is 21 1/4th inches long, her legs where bowed bc they were so crossed inside me)

Doctors turn to check her over!

Dr. Phelps checking Breelynn over.

Our First Family Photo!

More pictures to come...

No comments: