Monday, May 31, 2010

This and that

Life is a little crazy at the moment, but I feel the end of the craziness is near(at least till the end of June).

We have been crazy busy getting ready for Blakely's first recital{which was a success and will post about soon). I never knew the ciaos that went along with such a production! Dress rehearsals, make-up, hair, "specific" type of ballet tights, timing, timing, timing, etc.

On top of our crazy schedule, we have been skipping naps here and there, which has made it quite difficult for me to keep Blakely on her 1pm nap time. Which also, makes it difficult on this pregnant mama! I really hope she doesn't give them up and I am adamant on still placing her in her bed, for just a "rest". So far, so good, but sometimes the naps are only an hour long! UGH!

I have also been wanting to keep active during this pregnancy, but the 2nd go around with this, has been so much harder on my body! I can't seem to get up or role over without some sort of sharp pain somewhere!

I have still managed to get up and get us outside(since the weather has actually been nice here) to either slip-n-slide, play in the pool, sprinkler, whatever to try and wear her out! I do feel like I should be doing more with her, but I can't keep lifting a 40lb kid...I worry about Breelynn and myself, since I get so many sharp pains!

The best thing that we have been getting ready for is the ARRIVAL of Daddy coming home! I have been a slacker around the house. Not that it doesn't look clean, but I haven't been keeping up on the small things...like dusting, mopping, etc. I do feel like I am constantly picking up the house, doing laundry, folding clothes, cleaning the kitchen, but I haven't really given the house a 'deep clean'. I guess knowing that Ben is finally coming home(and I have a huge TO-DO list for him before he leaves again), I want to house to be perfectly spotless, although he has seen the house at it's worst and probably could careless! What is it with us women? Or is it just me? I guess the point I am making is, I have been 'tackling' my huge to do list, which has taken me a little longer then expected! 4 more days to go!

Wow, it feels good to be able to get some of that off my chest! I haven't really spoken to everyone as much I would like and I guess this is my way of feeling a little less guilty. ;)

No comments: