Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School!







My new favorite word. . ."HOLY MOLY!" Today was your precious baby's 1st day of school! It is actually called "Parent's Day-Out" and she is only going one day a week, but it is a big deal to us! She was dressed in her "first day of school" outfit, had her lunch packed, and blanket with her! She was ready! And I wasn't!!!!!!!!

I was running around the house, trying to make sure I had everything together and she had everything she needed. I felt like a chicken with my head cut-off! I told her, "You are going to school today, are you ready?" She looked me dead in the eyes and shook her head "YES". I know she didn't understand what was about to happen, but I could see she was excited about what was going to happen!

Once we got into the Church{where she is going to PDO}, she was super excited and started playing with all the toys! As I was telling her teachers(Barb and Nancy) about a few things that might need to know, I glanced over and saw her playing by herself, acting so independent. When Barb told Blakely to say good-bye, she run over to me with her arms out, hugged me, and started blowing kisses to THEM. It broke my heart, she was telling them "bye", she thoughts she was going with me!

Needless to say, she cried for 10 minutes after I left and they had to give her "The Blanket" to calm her down. I told them that she normally goes down for a nap between 11:00am to 12:00pm, and to just lay her down anytime during that time. Well, she didn't take a nap! They did try and lay her down, but she got up after 30 minutes, screaming. On top of not napping, she didn't eat lunch either. . . by the time I got there to pick her up she was tired, hungry, but happy to see me! I called her name and it was like a dog hearing a cat 1/2 mile away, she looked up and started running toward me! The grin on her face will be burned in my memory forever! It was priceless!

As we left her first day of school, I looked at her and said, "Do you want to go home and take a nap?" Without a pause she shook her head, "YES" once again!

We love our daughter more then she will ever know! She brings more then joy to our life's, she brings happiness! We love you Blakely!

1 comment:

We are the Ferrari's said...

I bet it was super hard leaving her! She looked adorable! :)